The Boating Center has sailboats, stand up paddleboards, kayaks, canoes, Jon boats and trolling motors to rent. Bass fishing tournaments are held on the reservoir in the spring and fall or try a little fishing anytime on your own. Virginia Game and Inland Fisheries Laws apply when fishing on the Swift Creek Reservoir.
Branderbelle Pontoon Boat Rides
Cruise the reservoir aboard the BranderBelle, a captain piloted pontoon boat available for rent for your private party from May 1 to the end of October operating seven days a week by reservation and availability. Residents may make reservations beginning April 1. Weather permitting, we sail as early as 9 a.m. and return at dark. Reservations must be made a week in advance; poor weather conditions may result in the cancellation of a scheduled cruise. What a beautiful way to treat out-of-town guests or to celebrate a special event. Captains have been trained and are a great wealth of information about the surrounding area and wildlife. The passenger limit is 12 with no exceptions including adults, children, and infants. All children under the age of 1 are required to have a US Coast Guard-approved personal floatation device to be worn at all times while underway.
- Rentals of boats are only available to Brandermill property owners and tenants in good standing with the BCA.
- Reservations are required with a minimum of one week notice.
- Pontoon boat reservations may not be made at the Boating Center, directly through a captain or online.
- Fishing or swimming is not allowed from the boat.
- No pets allowed except for service dogs.
- No smoking onboard.
- Contact BCA office at 804-744-1035 or email Parks and Recreation for more information.
Pontoon Rental Fees:
- All Pontoon rides are 2 hours.
- Service charge is $100 per ride with a maximum of 10 guests, additional guest is $10 per person.
- Maximum allowable guests per cruise is 12.
Brandermill Boating Center
Located at the dock in Sunday Park, the Brandermill Boating Center is open:
- Monday - Wednesday from 9 am to 3 pm
- Thursday - Sunday & special Holidays from 9 am to 6 pm
From May 29th – September 6th, 2021
From September 11th – October 31st, 2021
Paddle boards, kayaks, canoes, and Sun Fish and Aqua Fin sailboats are for rent. The number of passengers for each boat is determined by weight, generally limited to 450 pounds.
All rental boats come with approved personal flotation devices, paddles, and necessary equipment.A rental agreement, provided at the boating center, must be signed prior to the use of any boats. (See boat rental fees below.)
For assistance in renting boats please call 804-245-9801, the BCA office at 804-744-1035 or email Parks and Recreation for more information.
Boating Center Boat Rental Fees:
***All payments for boat rentals must be check or money order and take place at the BCA office between the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM. No payments will be accepted at the Boating Center.***>
- Sunfish (Personal Sailboat), Canoe, Kayak, Jon Boat — $25/ 2 hours or $36/ all day
- Motor & Battery — $12/ 2 hours or $17 /all day
- Paddle Board & Paddle — $24/ 2 hours or $35/ all day
- American (large sailboat) - $35/ 2 hours or $50/ all day
*All BCA Boat Rentals must be returned 30 minutes before closing time.
Boat Registration for Residents
BCA members, tenants, and their guests may launch their own boats free of charge at Sunday Park or The Landing, but all boats must be properly registered with the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries and Brandermill Community Association. Annual decals for registering boats with the BCA are available at the BCA office and must be displayed on the starboard bow of privately owned boats. These decals are also required on all boats stored at the marina and on storage racks throughout Brandermill. Residents and guests using launch facilities or rental options must display valid BCA hang tags from the rearview mirror of their cars left in parking areas. Vehicles with trailers must be parked in the designated trailer parking lot at Sunday Park. Vehicles without proper parking credentials are subject to towing at the owner’s expense. Boat registrants who are renting t-racks, posts, or slips must be in good standing with the BCA (assessments must be up to date) All watercraft used on the Swift Creek Reservoir, whether stored on BCA property (t-racks, posts, or waterfront property) or stored at a Brandermill home (in the garage/under the deck), must be registered annually with the BCA for general identification purposes and use of Brandermill boat launch sites. This includes windsurf, paddleboards, and inflatables. The annual fee for registering a boat for Home Storage is $25.
Boat Storage Options
Brandermill residents may store a boat on BCA property by annually renting spaces. Waterfront property owners may store 1 motorized and 1 non-motorized boat at the water’s edge directly behind their home. The boat may be pulled up into the common property and chained to a tree or a post.
The options include:
- Sunday Park: t-racks, beach posts, mooring
- The Landing at Commodore Point: t-racks, beach posts, boat on trailer parking spaces
- Waterside Park: t-racks
- Please call 804-744-1035 or email Lifestyle Manager to for more information or to check availability as we are often rented to capacity.
Pricing per year is as follows:
- T-racks: upper - $60; middle – $65; lower - $70 / Additional Boat $12
- Beach posts - $100
- Mooring ball - $65
- Boat on trailer space - $100
- Home beach - $100 per boat
Please call 744-1035 or email Lifestyle Manager to for more information or to check availability as we are often rented to capacity.
Swift Creek Reservoir
Swift Creek Reservoir was constructed in 1965 as a public water supply for Chesterfield County. The 12 million gallons per day capacity at Addison-Evans Water Treatment and Laboratory Facility provides an average 7.5 million gallons of drinking water per day for the county. The reservoir is a 1,700-acre impoundment containing approximately 5.2 billion gallons of water. The Swift Creek Reservoir Watershed is located in the northwest part of the county and encompasses 61.9 square miles. Its headwaters are located in Powhatan County. The watershed is divided into the following sub-watersheds, based on its tributary streams:
|Little Tomahawk Creek||Otterdale Creek||Dry Creek|
|Tomahawk Creek||Horsepen Creek/Blackman Creek/Deep Creek||Fuqua Creek|
|Turkey Creek/Swift Creek||West Branch|