Brandermill Community Association operates a boat rental program throughout the summer. The Brandermill Sailing Center is located on the southeastern shoreline of Swift Creek Reservoir next to the boat launching ramp in Sunday Park.
The Sailing Center rents puffers, sunfish, sailboats, jon boats, paddle boats, canoes and kayaks. Personal flotation devices, sails and oars are also provided. Jon boat renters may bring their own battery-powered motors or rent an electric motor from the Sailing Center. No gasoline motors are allowed.
- In order to rent a boat, one must be a Brandermill Community Association member in good standing or a tenant at least 18 years of age. Tenants are considered to be association members.
- A boat rental form must be completed and signed with the Sailing Center staff.
- An association member must be proficient at sailing to rent a sailboat and may be asked by the boat attendant to demonstrate sailing ability.
- All occupants will be fitted for a personal flotation device which must be kept on board the boat at all times. (United States Coast Guard requirement.)
- The member who signs the rental form is responsible for all damaged or lost equipment.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted on boats.
- No glass containers are permitted on boats.
- No pets are permitted on boats.
- Swimming from rental boats is prohibited. Violations of the rules and restrictions may result in the loss of rental privileges.
Hours of Operation
- The BCA Sailing Center is open only in the summer from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. every Thursday through Sunday and holidays (weather permitting). The phone number is 744-7649.
- Boats must be rented before 5 p.m. and returned before 6:30 p.m.
- The boat rental program operates from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend.
|BranderBelle pontoon with captain - May through October - 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Reservations required at 744-1035x104. 13 people limit.||$57/2 hours, $42/1-1.5 hour|
|American 14.6 sailboat||$33/2 hours, $16.50/ extra hour $50/all day - 1 to 6:30 p.m.|
|Puffers, Sunfish, Canoe, Kayak, Jon Boat, and Sailboat||$22/2 hours, $11/extra hour
$39/all day 1 to 6:30 p.m.
|Motor & Battery||$11/2 hours $5.50/extra hour $16.50/all day - 1 to 6:30 p.m.|
Cash, check or credit card will be accepted for deposit and payment. Upon return of an undamaged boat and equipment, the deposit will be refunded.
Boaters on Swift Creek Reservoir are dependent upon the rescue services of Chesterfield County for emergencies. Dial 911.
Members who wish to use their own boats may use BCA facilities in Sunday Park, The Landing at Commodore Point, Harbour Pointe, or Waterside Park in Cove Ridge. Boat launching ramps are located at Sunday Park and The Landing. Temporary parking spaces are available for vehicles and trailers of day fishermen in the Sunday Park overflow lot. Any resident using boat ramps must present a trailer license number to the BCA to receive a parking permit and display the permit on the rear view mirror of the vehicle.
Members may obtain day passes for guests who wish to launch their own boats from Brandermill Community Association property. Guests MUST be accompanied by a BCA member. Day passes are available at the Sailing Center during hours of operation and at the BCA office during regular business hours. There is no charge. Weekly or seasonal passes are unavailable.
All residents over 16 years are required to have a current Virginia Game and Inland Fisheries Fishing License and adhere to their Rules and Regulations.
For further information on registering boats, refer to BCA Boating Rules & Regulations or call the BCA office at 744-1035.